I work with the world's best supply chain solutions company as a Senior Director for development of new applications. My role is to design supply chain solutions that will continue to lead the industry for years to come, and continue positioning my company for success. The views expressed in this blog are my personal views and don’t reflect the stance or opinions of my employer.
I am also the author of two books on supply chain published by John Wiley & Sons, one of the largest publishers in the world for business and academic books.
1. Enterprise Supply Chain Management: Integrating Best-in-Class Processes. A new *kind* of book meant for managers and practitioners that presents supply chain as integrated business processes addressing functional needs.
2. Supply Chain as Strategic Asset: The Key to Reaching Business Goals. This book highlights the connection between the business and supply chain strategies and establishes a process to formulate supply chain strategy that *works* for you.
- Usability and solution design for modern supply chain applications
- Requirements, scoping, and functional design for demand and suppply planning, customer order management, allocation, and supply chain execution solutions
- Hands-on implementation experience with i2, SAP, and Manhattan solutions
- Worked for the two leading supply chain vendors in Product Management roles driving product strategy and innovation
- Worked for two Fortune 50 businesses
- Well spoken, well written, and published numerous times
- Analytical approach with practical experience to solve complex problems
- Supply Chain Strategy and Execution: Planned and implemented SAP and Manhattan solutions for Forecasting and Replenishment, Warehousing, and Transportation for a $70B retailer
- Hands on Implementation: Architected and implemented i2 solutions for a number of clients in apparel, manufacturing, and high-tech industries
- Supply Chain BI experience: Developed solution strategy for a new BI product at a leading supply chain software provider
- Strategic Planning and Enterprise Architecture: Started the EA group at a large retailer and created strategic IT planning processes
- Supply chain capability assessment and financial impact of supply chain deficiencies and supply chain strategy planning
- Supply Chain (SCM) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solutions
- Management of enterprise-level programs for supply chain and ERP solutions
- Manhattan Associates (Distributed Order Mgmt, Transportation & Warehousing)
- SAP-SCM, SAP-GTM (Global Trade Management), SAP-Retail
- i2 (Supply Chain Planning, Demand Planner, Inventory Planner, Profit Optimizer, Performance Mgmt)
- Logility Voyager
Patents and Publications:
- US Patent on purchasing costs optimization process
- Author of two supply chain books published by John Wiley & Sons
- Published in Logistics Insight Asia and other journals at www.supplychainmarkets.com, www.retailsolutionsonline.com
- Blog: www.supplychainmusings.com
Email me at Vivek Sehgal.