A new study from RSR points out the common misalignment between business & technology groups, but also offers some pointers to solve the issue. In a report titled, “Pandora's Box? The Impact of New Technologies on Retail IT”, RSR identifies the following.
Top 3 business challenges to Consistently Delivering IT Value:
- Conflicting demands from different business departments stretches IT resources
- Most packaged software does not suit our unique business needs, we have to customize it or build our own
- A poor definition of requirements at the outset leads to rework later on
Top 3 Opportunities (Your) Company is Considering or Acting Upon to Improve IT Value Delivery:
- Align IT priorities to corporate strategies via executive steering committee
- Tighter process & systems integration with suppliers & business partners
- More business user accountability for IT value delivery
- Connecting Strategy to Supply Chain
- Effective Supply Chains and the Organization
- If It does not Work, Blame the Technology?
- Business, Functional & Deployment Strategy Alignment for Supply Chains
Want to know more about supply chain processes? How they work and what they afford? Check out my books on Supply Chain Management at Amazon.